Advanced search

Bangkok > Visa to Luxembourg > Short stay visa > Tourism >


Size photographs for visa   Electronic Application Form (PDF)

Photo format visa


When applying for tourism, following documents need to be provided:

  • one recent passport size photograph in color taken against a plain cream, light blue or light grey background. The photo should be neither pasted nor stapled;
  • national passport valid for at least 3 months after the intended date of departure from the Schengen Area (however, in a justified case of emergency this obligation may be waived). The passport must have been issued within the previous 10 years and shall contain at least 2 blank pages. You must present 1 copy of the data page of the passport as well as all the copies of your Schengen visas issued during the last 3 years, if applicable;
  • reservation for a hotel or other proof of accommodation for the duration of the entire stay;
  • an itinerary of the planned trip if several countries are visited;
  • proof of a round-trip airplane reservation;
  • if traveling in an organized trip: a certificate or voucher (original) from a travel agency or tour operator confirming the booking of an organized tour;
  • original certificate of employment or equivalent from your employer/company/school/organization in Thailand – stating position, length of employment, and the confirmation that the adequate leave/vacation has been granted;
  • bank statements covering the last three months, including bank account movements of the applicant or the person covering the cost of the trip, or other proof of sufficient means of subsistence for the intended entire journey and the duration of stay;
  • copy of Real Estate Property (title-deed), marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, if relevant;
  • travel medical insurance valid for all Schengen countries covering all risks for the whole duration of stay with a minimum coverage of EUR 30,000. Coverage may include: accident, emergency medical care, hospital based treatment and repatriation. For multiple entry visas, the duration of the insurance contract shall be a year. Applicants can provide a policy from an insurance company based in Europe or in Thailand, for the latter please find the complete list of eligible insurance providers under the link " travel medical insurance". Any other submitted insurance from a Thailand based company will be rejected.
  • minors less than 18 years of age, if traveling alone, have to provide a written consent certified by a public notary of both parents (or legal guardians) having actual custody of the minor. If traveling with one parent only, a written consent certified by a public notary of the other parent is required. If one parent has sole custody, a Court Order bestowing this state of affairs must be submitted. These documents must be legalized by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs first, and finally translated by a sworn translator.

Important notice: Please note that you might be required to provide additional documents.