In order to lift the temporary restriction on non-essential travel into the EU for Thai citizens, the Consular Section of the Embassy accepts new visa applications under certain conditions from 1st of July 2020 until now.
The current uncertain travel options for a timely return to Thailand before the expiry of the Schengen visa may negatively influence the decision on a visa application. We recommend visa applicants not to apply, except for imperative family reasons, urgent cases or business purposes.
Every two weeks, travel restrictions may be totally or partially lifted or reintroduced for Thailand, according to changes of the Covid-19 epidemiological situation.
New access methods to the Consular Section of the Embassy:
- Make an appointment.
- Be on time.
- Come alone except if you are a minor.
- Wear a mask and use your own pen.
- Have the exact amount for visa or legalization fees.
- Present a proof of residence legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Thailand and translated by a sworn translator for visa application.
- Present a booking reservation from government-approved hotels in Thailand (ASQ hotel) for visa C application.