Luxembourg nationals as well as Luxembourg residents who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 or tested positive for COVID-19 abroad can apply online to receive a European certificate of vaccination or recovery from the Luxembourg Health Directorate. This is referred to as a Digital COVID Certificate (DCC). Please note that the vaccine should be recognized in Luxembourg.
- Accepted vaccines: BioNTech/Pfizer / Moderna / AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria) / Johnson&Johnson (Janssen)
- In case of 2 doses
- from the day of the 2nd dose
- or from the 14th day after the 1st dose in case of recovery within 6 months of an infection
- In case of 1 dose, from the 14th day after the vaccination
- proves that a person has been vaccinated against COVID-19 or has recovered from an infection;
- is valid:
- in all of the European Union (EU);
- in Iceland;
- in Liechtenstein;
- in Norway;
- in Switzerland;
- contains a secure QR code that can be read by the applications in the different participating countries (27 EU Member States, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland) in order to check that the certificate is genuine.
The certificate can be requested via MyGuichet.lu.
Who is concerned
All Luxembourg nationals and Luxembourg residents who:
- have been vaccinated against COVID-19 abroad; or
- have been tested positive for COVID-19 abroad; and
- have a 13-digit Luxembourg national identification number (matricule).
The person must have:
- a certificate of vaccination issued abroad; or
- a positive result from a PCR test carried out abroad.
Please note: only certificates drawn up in either one of the 3 official languages of Luxembourg ( Luxembourgish, German or French) or in English are accepted.
The DCC is provided free of charge.
How to proceed
Submitting the application
The person concerned can request a European certificate of vaccination or recovery online via a form available on MyGuichet.lu.
Those who do not have the possibility to apply for their certificate online can contact the Health Helpline on (+352) 247-65533 available Monday to Sunday from 8.00 to 19.00.
When applying online, the applicant must indicate in particular:
- their first and last names as they appear on their social security card;
- their 13-digit Luxembourg national identification number (matricule);
- their nationality;
- their e-mail and postal addresses.
Please note: if the vaccine used is not recognised in Luxembourg, it will not be possible to issue a certificate.
It is important to validate the online application by clicking on "Send".
Applicants then receive:
- a confirmation by e-mail of the request for the certificate after transmission of the request;
- a paper version of their certificate by post a few days after the request.
Incomplete or unjustified requests will be ignored and no mail will be sent.
Applicants must enclose the following with their application:
- a copy of their identity document; and
- a vaccination certificate which includes the following information:
- the type of vaccine (Comirnaty, Spikevax, Vaxzevria or Janssen); and
- the date of injection of the 2nd dose (or single dose if Janssen); or
- a positive PCR test result.
How to view the European certificate
European certificates of vaccination and/or recovery can be viewed in the private eSpace of the person concerned on MyGuichet.lu.
This European certificate contains a secure QR code which is used to check the authenticity and validity of the certificates. This QR code can be scanned with:
- the CovidCheck.lu mobile application made available by the Luxembourg government; and
- the equivalent applications from the different countries participating in this system:
- the 27 EU Member States;
- the 27 EU Member States;
Good to know
Anyone who does not have computer equipment to request their European certificate of vaccination or recovery online or who has questions regarding COVID-19, Large Scale Testing or the vaccination can contact the Health Hotline (Santé) at (+352) 247-65533 from Monday to Sunday between 8.00 and 19.00.
The data protection notice explaining how personal data is processed in the context of an application for a European certificate of vaccination or recovery can be viewed here, in: